Friday 20 May 2011

The not-so-new Graduate

I went for a staff development's award ceremony for Mr.Hubs yesterday & I met our VC. Seriously, I've never got any chances meeting him in person before. So, that was like a dream came true, which might sound like a bit exaggerating but I'm really glad that I finally met our VC in person.*wink*

There were also an award for the passport students (an additional cert. for final year students to increase their employability after graduate), which I've missed last year since I was too busy with my final year- working on design portfolio, design report, exhibition, etc. So and so, VC and I had a small chat. I told him that I am actually last year's graduate. I studied B Arch and still looking for a job. He didn't looked surprised at all. ''.....well it's a bad time anyway. The economic has just 'slightly' to turn up a bit.....but the construction industry was 'slightly' too slow at the moment. Let's hope for the best & I wish you best of luck.....'' he said.

Here is a photo of VC & me, and the next picture was on the day I graduated last year. (tap on the back)






Mr. Hubs criticised me that I'm a quitter, which have taken me by heart...sob..sob... But I'm going to prove him wrong. I am truly determine again now to get someone to hire me. Well, in my own cheeky way of course. I don't want to look so overwhelm, because I know when things didn't turn up as I expected, I shall lost my flaw. And yet, to listen to another criticism from him just make me depress a lot more. The previous entry's goal has been added on my to do list for this coming Monday. Look forward for that entry then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment